Backup Battery Lets You Keep Working through OutagesProtect your point-of-sale, workstation, small switch and networking devices with the APC Smart-UPS SC420. This UPS provides backup battery power in the event of a power outage, monitoring and safeguarding your equipment from harmful power conditions, spikes and surges. With a 260-watt power capacity and four battery and surge protected outlets, this Smart-UPS is ideal for home offices or small businesses.
Battery Management Features Ensure Optimal PerformanceA periodic battery self-test ensures you will detect any batteries that need to be replaced in your Smart-UPS ensuring optimal runtime.
LED Display Keeps You Updated on Unit StatusStay up-to-date on the Smart-UPS power status thanks to the LED display and alarm system. Visual indicators on the bright LED display make it easy to quickly understand the unit and power status, and alarms will sound if the unit switches to battery, the battery is low, or there is an overload condition.
PowerChute Software Provides Safe System ShutdownDesigned for exceptional usability, PowerChute Business Edition software provides safe system shutdown in the event of an extended power outage while preventing potential data corruption. It’s fast and easy to install, and you can tailor settings to meet your individual needs.
Warranty and Equipment Protection PolicyThis Smart-UPS is covered by a two-year limited warranty. This product also comes with a lifetime equipment protection policy of up to $150,000. APC will repair or replace office equipment that sustains surge-related damage while properly connected to a registered APC Smart-UPS unit.
Package ContentsAPC Smart-UPS SC420, CD with PowerChute Business Edition software, user manual, and Smart-UPS signaling RS-232 cable.
- Output Power Capacity: 260 Watts / 420VA
- Max Configurable Power: 260 Watts / 420VA
- Nominal Ouput Voltage: 120V
- Output Voltage Distortion: Less than 5% at full load
- Outpout Frequency (sync to mains): 47 – 53 Hz for 50 Hz nominal, 57 – 63 Hz for 60 Hz nominal
- Topology: Line interactive
- Waveform Type: Stepped approximation to a sine wave
- Output Connections: (4) NEMA 5-15R
- Nominal Input Voltage: 120V
- Input Frequency: 50/60Hz +/- 3Hz (auto sensing)
- Input Connections: NEMA 5-15P
- Cord Length: 1.83 meters
- Input Voltage Range for Main Operations: 82 – 144V
- Input Voltage Adjustable Range for Mains Operation: 75 – 154V
Batteries & Runtime
- Battery Type: Maintenance-free sealed Lead-Acid battery with suspended electrolyte, leakproof
- Typical Recharge Time1 : 5 hour(s)
- RBC Quantity: 1
Communications & Management
- Interface Port(s): DB-9 RS-232
- Control Panel: LED status display with On Line,On Battery, Replace Battery and Overload indicators
- Audible Alarm: Alarm when on battery, distinctive low battery alarm, overload continuous tone alarm
- Emergency Power Off (EPO): Optional
Surge Protection & Filtering
- Surge Energy Rating: 12 Joules
- Filtering: Full time multi-pole noise filtering, 0.3% IEEE surge let-through, zero clamping response time, meets UL 1449
- Maximum Height: 6.60 in
- Maximum Width: 4.70 in
- Maximum Depth: 14.50 in
- Net Weight: 22.00 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 24.00 lbs
- Shipping Height: 12.50 in
- Shipping Width: 10.30 in
- Shipping Depth: 20.00 in
- Color: Black
- Regulatory Approvals: CSA, FCC Part 15 Class A, UL 1778